Keeping Everyone Safe At Westlands Entertainment Venue
posted 02 Jul 2020
Safety Information for attending Screenings at Westlands Entertainment Venue
The safety of our guests and staff is our top priority and as we begin our initial reopening on 6th July, Westlands Entertainment Venue will once again start to bring you excellent entertainment and customer service with enhanced health and safety measures. We are taking a deliberate approach with limited attendance, physical distancing and enhanced cleaning measures aligned with guidance from the UK Government, health authorities and the UK Cinema Association. We will continually adjust operations and health and safety measures as the situation evolves and in accordance with guidance from UK authorities.
- Limited Attendance – We will be operating at approximately one third of our normal screening capacity. Sofas will be spaced out to allow for one metre + and two metres or more where possible. Tiered seating will be limited so that only one party is sat at the end of a row and no patrons will need to move to gain access. There will also be two unused rows between each row in use.
- Physical Distancing – We ask guests to maintain a minimum of two metres from other parties and our staff. To enable this we will be operating a ‘one-way’ system on arrival to guide you into the Ballroom. Floor markings will require you to queue safely for Box Office, Café Bar and for admittance; some sections of the building will be closed or will be operated as part of our one-way system. Please adhere to the social distancing measures we have put in place.
- Masks - We ask all customers to wear masks when attending one of our Screenings In The Ballroom. If you are consuming food or drink in our Cafe Bar or while watching a Screening, you are permited to remove your mask when doing so.
- Hand Sanitiser will be provided for all customers and team members. Please use these when entering the premises.
- Enhanced Cleaning – We know our customers appreciate the cleanliness of our venues and this will be enhanced through a rigorous programme of cleaning high ‘touch points’ and seats between each screening.
- Online Booking and Contactless Payment – We ask customers to please book tickets in advance, online or by telephone. ‘Walk-ups’ and counter bookings are available but discouraged to reduce contact. Please print out your tickets and bring them with you where possible. When using the Café Bar to purchase refreshments we request that customers pay using contactless methods if at all possible.
- Lounge Bar – our bar will be open for the purchase of drinks, snacks, cakes and sandwiches using separate order and collection points. Please follow signs and guidance from staff. While bringing pre-purchased sweets and drinks to screenings is permitted we kindly ask you to support our business and help us recover by purchasing any refreshments from us. We have a wide range of reasonably priced items and appreciate your support. The café bar is currently open for cinema attendees and to the public for take away service only.
- PPE and Screens will be in place to protect guests and our staff where social distancing is not possible.
- Finding your seat – We operate an allocated seating system. Stewards will be on hand to help you find your seat but please respect social distancing at all times.
- Group gatherings – In accordance with government guidance, please remember that gathering indoors in groups where there are more than two households (or support bubbles) is not allowed.
- Toilets – Male and female toilets are available off the lounge bar and in the Ballroom. Accessible toilet is available off the lounge bar (not in the Ballroom). If using the toilets, please use those nearest to your location.
- Supporting Our Team Members and Protecting Other Guests – We ask all guests to look after each other and our staff by not attending if they feel unwell, have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with anyone showing symptoms. As a temporary change to our standard booking policy if you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with someone displaying symptoms we will happily exchange your tickets to an alternative screening or credit your Customer Record should you not be able to attend a screening for the reasons above. We will require advance notice by telephone or email to accommodate this.
- Children Aged 14 and Under – Must be accompanied by a responsible adult and supervised at all times to ensure they follow social distancing guidelines.
- Assistance – If you need assistance to access our services because of a disability, please let us know and we will do our best to help. Due to social distancing requirements, please note we are not able to offer physical assistance such as moving from a wheelchair into a seat.
- Return of crockery and glasses – There will be a table on the side of the ballroom for used crockery and glasses and it would be appreciated if you could place used items here at the end of the screening. Please also help our staff by using the rubbish and recycling bins provided.
If you have any additional queries please contact the Box Office on 01935 422884 or email westlandsyeovil＠southsomerset.gov.uk.